SDE3 LLC currently has an immediate opportunity for a Mechanical Project Engineer located within the greater Seattle, WA area with experience in industrial-scale HVAC and refrigeration design. An ideal candidate will have previous experience in either the food or beverage or consumer goods manufacturing, will operate with a sense of urgency, and be adept at handling multiple tasks. Travel of approximately 40% of the time, is expected for this position. Most travel will be within the US, with some international travel possible.
Position: Mechanical Project Engineer – HVAC & Refrigeration
- Manages and coordinates multi-disciplinary internal engineering requirements for various projects, while working closely with the Project Manager; takes action to ensure that activities are completed on schedule and on budget.
- Maintains involvement with all technical details of the project; works closely with discipline leads to resolve design and construction issues and with the execution of any required changes. Performs engineering design and checking as required.
- Provides task planning, cost control, and resource forecasting for engineering and other technical activities related to the project; monitors progress and provides reports both internally and to the client.
- Acts as the primary technical point of contact for the client; leads internal technical discussions and communications.
- Coordinates and reviews work to ensure that quality control requirements are met, in accordance with the company’s practices and procedures.
- As required, monitors construction activities to ensure project plans are followed; interprets drawings for contractors and vendors, and responds to technical inquiries as needed.
- Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering with current P.E. registration in any state with ability to obtain licences in other states as required
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience, including experience with HVAC, industrial refrigeration, CFC / ammonia based systems, industrial waste water treatment, boilers, and air compressors, preferably in the industrial or manufacturing sectors.
- Cross-functional knowledge and experience with process P&IDs and process design, as well as coordination experience with civil/structural and electrical design, is preferred.
- Project management and construction management skills and experience are preferred.
- Experience working in the US, or possession of a US designation, are considered a strong assets.
- Excellent grasp of engineering principles and experience assessing complex systems.
- Ability to work in both a design office and operating plant environments.
- Ability to travel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
SDE3 is a consulting engineering firm located in Seattle, Washington. We provide multi-discipline engineering and design services to industrial process clients worldwide.
This is a permanent, full-time position.
Daniel Parker, P.E.
2200 Sixth Avenue, Suite 520
Seattle, WA 98121
SDE3 LLC is an equal opportunity employer.