As petroleum refineries deliver numerous products from crude oil and raw gas, biorefineries extract chemicals and byproduct streams from virgin and waste biomass. Today, a majority of biomass and biofuel projects are made viable by leveraging chemical and value-added byproduct streams previously untapped or simply wasted.
Capturing these extracts and derivatives efficiently and economically is the core of E3 Energy Partners chemical and process engineering services. Our team has created a variety of value-added process solutions for clients in biodiesel, cellulosic ethanol, forest and food waste industries.
- Extraction and upgrade of high value fatty acids and lipids prior to the biodiesel process
- Purification of glycerin to technical and USP grades, or conversion to propylene glycol
- Fractionated distillation of biodiesel for cold flow improvement and multi-grade markets
- Methanol recovery from biodiesel and glycerin
- Extraction of high molecular weight lignin for chemical markets
- Process derivates used as adhesives, polymers and fibers
- Hemicellulose (C5) extracts for fermentation or food additive uses
Forest & Food Industry Waste
- Conversion of fatty acids (to 100% FFA) for use as biodiesel feedstocks
- Rendering trap grease, float grease and other waste products to usable biofuel feedstocks
- Incubating, growing and extracting lipids, protein and carbohydrates from larvae, algae and other organic sources
- Black liquor & tall oil refining for combustion or fatty acid upgrade
Please Contact us to explore options for biomass fractionation and conversion in more detail.